View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 09:56 PM   #8
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcslocum View Post
Freeze the bearing overnight to install it. Don't beat on it if at all possible. With a heat gun you can heat the area of the tube and the bearing after freezing will slip in and bottom out.
Yes, but I think that the issue is that he can not secure the center bolt within the installation tool. I just reviewed the instructions. It looks like the basic instructions: http://lnengineering.com/files/IMSR-Instruction-Warranty-2y.pdf do not call for the center bolt to be secured in the installation tool.
Is that correct?
The 'overview' video on this page shows the nut being removed at 6:20. IMS Retrofit & Procedure Overview – IMS Retrofit
The Pelican Parts tech article (now updated to lock the cams and not use the set-screws ) shows the nut being installed in the installation tool in Pic. 104.

So my question, and I think what the OP needs to know, is: Should the nut be put on the center bolt when you are installing?
Any chance that the center bolt will fall out into the shaft?

Edit: I think I found the answer in the "IMS Solution" Instructions "Some drivers will not allow fitting the 12-pt nut. Fitting of nut not necessary."

...and that's all I have to say about that. :dance:

Last edited by 78F350; 01-19-2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: More info found
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote