View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 05:28 AM   #9
heliguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy View Post
I know what you're saying, but in all honesty, the 986 series isn't really modern anymore in my book. I've had my car 15 yrs now, and I was just thinking of something to refresh it. I sometimes like the look, but at the same time, think it does shout "look at me" when people already know it's a Porsche. Also, maybe it's in my mind, but since it's not a high-end Porsche, it might garner some sneers from folks who are running with 991s and Turbos who might view it as a poor guy with the bottom basement Porsche that is trying to announce to the world that he has a Porsche. Lol. What I'm hoping to do is just do tasteful mods that make the car look different from a standard Boxster, but still stay classy.

I saw the decal up close and in person at a cars and coffee one weekend. It was on a nice gentleman's silver Boxster that was very personalized to say the least. The stripe looked ok from a distance, but up close it was obvious that it was a sticker and that kinda turned me off. Regardless, I'll still think about it I'm sure as the mod bug never ends.

It's just a stripe, customization. You are not shouting anything that everyone doesn't know. The majority of the car driving world doesn't know 993 from 986 from 991, they just know Porsche.

heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote