View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 05:16 AM   #6
Lew
So Blessed!

Garage
Gelbster,
It is not the "S" model. As for my Jetta TDI, I will be letting it go back to VW of America this month. It's absolutely ashame about the VW diesels. It's all political in my opinion. As for the Boxster I am interested in, I remember the owner mentioned new tires were installed last year. The first thing I thought about was the age of the car. I know hoses and other mentions from FANGUY are very important. This lady owner has taken very good care of the vehicle as one can see. However the heart of the vehicle is the engine and transmission. One of my concerns is the IMS bearing I read about. I have a Nissan Truck and it has 318k miles on it, and the reason it has not give up the engine is because of good oil and timely filter changes. We all want a good paint job and their is only one thing about the paint on this car. It has spider webbing from improper washing, most likely from the car wash. There are no dings in the bosy or rock chips in the paint. I am reading all the information DGHIL posted and plan on talking to the Dealer about the vehicle and what they can tell me about her vehicle. Again thanks to all for helping.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote