View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #7
Heiko

Garage
The wife and I went down as well and it was an awesome weekend to be at the Glen, the weather was unbelievable from Friday to Sunday! Hoping to be there a few more weekends this summer :-) its a great drive with lots of nice roads to get there from here (~4hrs) Next time I will bring the GoPro and mount it. The track is open for laps for $25 on all days except the blackout dates listed on their webpage.
Nice pics by the way :-)
Heiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy583 View Post
The wife and I went to Watkins Glen opening day yesterday. They just repaved the track so we went down with the CNY Porsche club. $25 bucks for three laps. I signed a wavier that said I wouldn't go over 55mph, although I'm pretty sure I never went slower than that I've never driven on the track before or any track for that matter. It was the smoothest asphalt I've ever been on for sure. I carried a little too much speed going into the boot and scared the crap out of myself on the first lap But the car stuck like glue and I most likely could have gone faster. It was a great time and I can see why people do DE days. Here are a few pics i took with my phone before and after the actual driving part.

At breakfast before the track.

In the staging line before we go on.

The view from the restaurant we ate lunch at after the track.
Heiko is offline   Reply With Quote