View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
jb92563

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Getting ready to break down and order a durametric. Since I already have 3 porsches and will probably be replacing or buying more in the future I am getting the pro model. What are some of the adjustments, changes that it will be helpful for other than the obvious diagnostic chores that I may need it for? Any info will be helpful as I have never even seen one in use.
I have one and it is one of those things that you can use to help diagnose a problem.

There is no real magic there, and it does not tell you how to fix things but rather gives the status and readings on things.

What I find is missing is that when you look at a reading, knowing if it is within specs, or not. Without this knowledge many of the reading are nearly worthless.

The machine gives you lots of data, but the real trick is knowing how to interpret the data, and sadly that is what is lacking.

In my opinion a device such as this would actually be worth the money if it also had the database showing what the allowable specs are for every reading.

You have to do that research yourself to evaluate what is going on.

Anyone know where I can find the specs for such readings for the 2001 Boxster S?

However, it is still useful as a number of the readings are obvious such as temps, on,off, sensor malfunctions, voltages, etc. I'd say about 50% of the reading types are self evident.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote