View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Kenny Boxster

Garage
Post The mystery of the Interior Phone

Ever since buying my boxster, I have always seen images of optional equipment sporting a phone.

Seen here pictured in a 911 from the official porsche website:

Seen here pictured in a 2003 Boxster with optional sat/nav gps:

My question is- does it exist? I believe that such images of phones are concept models that never were produced, or maybe a handful were made. The Porsche site states "Only available in conjunction with PCM and the telephone module for PCM."

It gets even stranger- I called and emailed two porsche dealers in Texas and both don't know the part number or claim to have them. One of the techs doesn't even think it exists. However, when talking to a service member he said that he has only seen one on the thousands of boxsters that he works on.

To be sure this wasn't an American exclusion option, I looked around on Ebay UK to see if I could maybe find this elusive object. No dice. A search on the forums bears no fruit either. How odd! The closest I could find was a cradle.
PORSCHE BOXSTER 986 966 GREY GRAY CENTRE CONSOLE CENTER IPHONE POD PHONE CRADLE | eBay

The only thing I could find referencing a phone would be a aftermarket mount made by Kuda, not an oem phone.

If anyone does have a phone, I'd be interested in buying one, but I am more interested as to whether or not they were produced.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote