View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #81
trimer
jakesbox

built a 68 olds cutlass...455 w-30 motor...500 HP, sweet sound. Spent the next 15 years with my wife owning over 25 cars. 2 Miata's...great little car. quick in its own right. had a family, bought a sensible honda accord and an oddysey. nice cars. About a year ago, I told my wife it was time for my son and I to share something that men share...the thrill of a car. Grease, oil, issues, problems, driving , fun, etc. Bought a Vintage Speedster built 356A. 1600CC VW motor with dual carbs. My son and I would sit and stare. Problem was that we couldnt drive it. first off he is 7 so only has lap belts. BUT we did cruise every once in a while around the hood. other main issue was I had to have collector car insurance on it as no one would touch it. Although the car only cost 15,000...it was a VW that was worth really 5,000. But it looked like a 57 porsche and I could not keep people from pics, etc.

Then I sold it. To a guy who owns a few great clips hair places. He ended up using it for advertising. So, I said it is time for something with a little more power. Do I go with a 928? Great ones out there. BUT, too big, too expensive. So, spent an entire 3 weeks online looking at the boxster. God am I glad I did. Found one in ATL...made an offer, flew up on a saturday sight unseen (except pics and carfax) and drove it home 6 hours. I smiled the entire time. 75-90 mph all the way.

First thing I did was detail, wash, wax, get into every single crevous of that car and detailed. what a great car to take care of. Took it to a Porsche Dealer...had oil changed and PPI...no issues at this time.

Yes, I bought the car and DID NOT KNOW about IMS until about 2 days before I went to pick it up. So far no issues and I have put about 1,500 miles on it in the past 2 months...15 miles at a time in the evening going in search of a good stoagie and some head turns. 2002 Seal Grey with 35,000 miles and looks brand new. Texas car originally. I am one of the odd ones. I actually look forward to either 1. having the ceramic IMS installed...or 2. actually having the motor blow, sitting on a gorgeous car and waiting and saving enough to go BIG!!!!

This car has power, looks, lines, and all the bells and whistles I need. Great car.

The only way to answer the thrill of driving for me is to say...Porsche - there is no substitute!
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote