View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

I would have loved to build a stripped out 2000 S but mine was too nice to mess with. Starting with the lightest S Porsche made. Take out the unnecessary sound deadening like the 8" thick stuff in the engine bay so it sounds like a real Porsche, remove the power mechanism for the top and use it manually, like a real sports car, replace all the stereo parafinalia with a simple powered head unit and 2 door speakers for the rare occasion when it's used. Convert the steering to manual.

Put in the RoW M030 suspension, 997 shift lever, chassis bracing, much lower seats so you actually sit in the car (there's at least 3" there that Porsche is wasting) and make the roll hoops useful. Put in a thicker grip steering wheel. I'd also replace the speed-o gauge with one that uses 10 mph incriments that are actually readable at a glance and cover up the digital read out, which is annoying.

I wouldn't touch the 3.2 except (1) IMS bearing (2) lighter muffler (3) headers because the manifolds are horrible. It's a great engine for mountain roads and track driving. Loves to rev to redline.

Last edited by blue2000s; 06-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote