View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
I too am happy with my 2000 2.7 and have no desire for (and on the street, no use for) additional power. Frankly, for me it was a toss-up between a 2000 base and a 2003/2004 base. 2000 was the first year for the 2.7, but also the last year for the mechanical front trunk release and properly positioned HVAC controls (I despise the relocation behind the shifter that came in 2001 to permit flimsy cupholders). The 2003 does have more power, a glove box (which I seldom use in any car) and a glass rear window, but the latter added weight up high where it isn't needed, and had re-designed bumpers that IMO detract from the clean, flowing lines of the original design.

Having said that, all 986's are incredible cars and it is somewhat akin to talking about the perfect wife - the perfect 986 is the one you already have. The one that you still love looking at, and which still excites you even after all these years. The one that brings a smile to your face each and every day. The one that you were and are still in love with, flaws and all.

B
To keep my post shorter I did not elaborate on my reasons for choosing a 2000 S, but the bold quotes above are some but maybe the most important is the best position for the digital speed readout with is crucial for me since the analog speedo is useless in LA traffic. Lightest weight is always good too!
BYprodriver is offline   Reply With Quote