View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #11
Dave S.

For me the ideal Boxster was the 2003 Boxster S. Color: Seal Grey exterior, light grey interior. Manual Transmission, Heated seats, wind deflector.

The 2003 because it had a glass rear window and my last few converibles had plastic which was always a pain to keep clean without scratching. I liked that it also had a glove box and a little more power,and since it was the first year that had those things, it had the lowest initial purchase cost, sales tax and insurance rate for the car that met those requirements. I wanted heated seats since my last sportscar, which was built in 1980, didn't have them and many of our summer drives take us to high elevations where the temperatures could be in the 30's. I didn't care about the stereo after reading on how disappointed everyone was with the factory set up because I knew I would replace anything it came with. And I didn't want a black car exterior or interior because the hot Colorado sun can burn you when you sit on a black seat after parking the car with the top down and I live on a gravel road so the car is nearly always dirty and it looks terrible on black. The first time I saw the Seal Grey car I knew it was the color for me. And of course it had to have a manual transmission to connect the driver more with the total experience of driving it. The wind deflector was for my wife who appreciates a quieter cabin when driving with the top down.

I looked for a year to find the ideal car for me and luckily I was able to get it.

Last edited by Dave S.; 06-15-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Dave S. is offline   Reply With Quote