View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
pothole

The perfect 986...

A discussion in Another Plaice got me thinking about the perfect 986, spec wise. Which mine ain't. I'm talking real world, reasonable money, not money no object, drop in a Mezger lump fantasy.

Mine would be an early 2.7 with a little weight taken out and a five-speed box with the final drive from the 2.5 dropped in. Oh, and an IMS upgrade. I choose that because I'm not a mad power freak, but I would like a bit more go and I like revvy engines. Also, the 3.2s strike me as slightly flakier in the cracked heads / snapped chains department and the 2.7s seems pretty solid. Upgrade the IMS and I don't think you have much to worry about.

It would also need to be an early car with amber lights and the orginal 17-inch twist alloy wheels. Colour is a toughie. I love the Boxster Red cabin, but it doesn't go with Guards Red paint. So either Guards and Savanah or Silver and Box Red.

I'd probably also want a suspension upgrade and proper single-piece buckets, but that begins to blow the real-world remit.

With prices on 986s in the UK crazy low, maybe I shoudl try to save up a couple of thou and make it happen!

What's your perfect real-world 986?!

Last edited by pothole; 06-14-2012 at 03:46 PM.
pothole is offline   Reply With Quote