View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 AM   #1
ReyF

Fall Drive??? Maine coastline???

OK - I've been really busy this Summer with no time to spend planning drives. Sorry.

I think we should attempt to keep our tradition of a annual Fall Foliage drive intact. While I love the drive that we do to Equinox the fast several years, the traffic has been just brutal through Bennington and Manchester. There were a couple of suggestions to change the route. I haven't really had time to consider many alternatives but there was a Southern Maine coastline Fall drive described in the latest "Porsche Experience" mailer that could be interesting. This is an area I'm not familiar with and would need some assistance in setting up the itinerary if there's interest.

This is supposed to be a very nice area in the Fall. We could plan a lunch stop at one of the seaside lobster joints and there's plenty of shopping stops (Freeport and possibly LL Beane). This loose outline of the drive in the Porsche mailer included went all the way up past Bath to Wiscasset and Penobscot Bay which might be a little ambitious. Boston to Wiscasset in 150 miles, which given our last Foliage drive would be a little shorter for some folks. Sorry NYC

I would need some help from anyone who's familiar with the Maine Coast on planning the actual route etc.

We can always fall back on the old standby Equinox trip but I'm ready for a change.

Peak for Souther Maine is usually 2nd week of October. I put the 2nd and 3rd Sat as poll options.

Hope we can generate enough interest!

-Rey
ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote