View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
Cloudsurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
[rant] Why does the spelling and grammar always devolve whenever the subject of stereo enhancement comes up. "Ur", "U", and E. E. Cummings capitalization and punctuation really bugs me. [/rant]

That being said, I am in basic agreement that a sub woofer in the footwell is not my first choice. I would rather have it behind the passenger seat where it is out of sight, if you have a soft top.

I plan on removing my soft top and installing a hard top this winter. I am building a speaker box that will sit under the clam shell and have both a sub woofer and rear speakers in it. The Porsche sound system is front heavy in my opinion and this will balance it out.
Regarding the English, or lack thereof, that is constantly displayed by the rest of my generation, I find it appalling that the bulk of our society does not know when to use the correct form of "there," "their," or "they're," nevermind the netspeak versions of works like "ur," "u," and "4" or the fact that no one seems to understand when something as simple as a period or comma are appropriate.

Now, regarding the subwoofer. There is PLENTY of room to mould the box up over the tunnel, such that the box can protrude far less into the footwell, angled to corner load it, while also giving it more volume. See attached pic.
Attached Images