View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnawb
I just installed HID headlights and realized today both of my headlights werent LOCKED into place too. they were in but the lights were flickering due to a loose connection since the lights werent seated. All I did was use the little torque/wrench and turned it while pushing on the headlight and you should hear is SNAP into place. you can pull at the bottom of the headlight housing to confirm theyre in tight
Glad to see you caught it in time and didn't end up telling us the story about how you jammed on the brakes and watched your headlights launch out and skitter away down the road in front of you.

I had a little trouble initially trying to figure out how to make sure the headlights were properly locked in when I had to replace the low beams after one burnt out, but thankfully it was fairly easy to figure out and realizing that the loud pop was a good thing, which is usually not the case. Now at some point I may actually go about using the tools to align them properly, but they're good enough for now.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote