View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
SoCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
My dealer "Isringhausen" from Springfield, IL provided the worst car buying experience I have ever had. The salesmen took 10 days to answer an email, the car arrived a month late (to Isring. credit, the factory did fall behind schedule) and the truck they put it on became stranded at a weight station because it didn't have some kind of safety equipment. HOWEVER, the moment "Lola" came off the truck it was all worth it!!! Hang in there, you have waited this long. Make sure you publish the name of the dealer on this forum and send a letter to the dealership. I plan on doing exactly the same thing. Don't buy from ISRINGHAUSEN in Springfield, IL. Spending that much money on a car I expect a higher level of customer service than I would buying a base model Saturn from a Saturn dealer right?

One more thing and this is just my humble opinion, I would not buy a showroom model that has been test driven. I remember my test drive and I definitely did not show any concern for the car. There is break-in procedures and I did not follow those guidelines. If you buy a car with 100 miles off the show room floor, just think how many people have completely flogged that car. If you look under "General Discussion" and "Break-in Procedures/Waxing" there is some good discussion on buying floor models. Good luck and keep the faith.
Not to be a contrarian, but I don't think the post above has supported a blanket condemnation of the Springfield dealership.

There are no facts showing any blame by the dealership regarding the delay in the delivery of the car -- rather, the dealership is absolved for the delivery delays. And when the car was delivered, everything was fine with the vehicle -- just as ordered.

So what if there was a delay in answering an e-mail? Do you know that the e-mail was read and then intentionally ignored? If it had been answered sooner, would you have received valuable information that you would have acted upon? If you don't get an answer to an e-mail as soon as you expect, pick up the phone and call.

Then you say you didn't show any concern for the vehicle on your test drive, as if that's not something to be ashamed of? If there is any blame for the dealership in your entire post, it is in their apparent failure to stop irresponsible people from mistreating their cars on test drives.

Sorry if I sound preachy, but that post struck me the wrong way.

Last edited by SoCal; 07-03-2005 at 11:40 AM.
SoCal is offline   Reply With Quote