View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
23109VC

most of the time I've seen painted center consoles, they were on colors OTHER than black... blue, white, silvers, etc... they had black interiors, and the contrast between the black interior and the exterior color is what makes the painted center console look neat. on a black car with black interior,, i think you'd barely even notice it..at least not enough to justify the expense and hassle.

if I had a black car, I think I'd consider painting it silver to match whatever other silver trim I had in the car - shifter, pedals, door pulls...

white or red could look nice, but i'd have to see it to know for sure. given the cost to do it, I'd want to see it before I made up my mind. some people can envision that stuff in their mind and they know if will look good before they do it...i can't do that. i need to see it. maybe you can get someone here to photoshop it in various colors to help you decide.

let us know what you decide. I"m about to paint mine...but my car is ocean blue. .
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote