View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
Jaak

ATF Fluid for Tips, Good price found & Brand

Folks, I had recently rebuilt my 2002 S motor and then did the service on my tranny so I would start off fresh, so to say. The fluid was drained and cover removed and we noticed that the fluid was black. We replaced the filter as well as checked all the relays etc., to make sure all was good while we were there. I have to replace an axle seal in springtime, when she comes out of her sleep.

BTW: ODB Code PO740 - solenoid valve torque convertor code means the ATF fluid level is low, So says the manual, tranny shops and personal experience ... code went away when fluid was replaced and filled to correct level ...

We installed a new filter and looked for ATF as the stock was low a friends P-Car shop. Porsche Canada wanted $35.00 a litre (his price) for the fluid which was way too much. He called around various shops and supliers and found an ATF that is Porsche approved and has the same specs as Porsche.

Fluid is made by Fuchs and is called TITAN ATF 3353 and comes in 4 litre jugs. His price was $7.50 a litre CDN which is a far cry from $35 a litre. I bought it at Auto Camp in Toronto who suplies most German manufacturers parts. In some cases a Audi or VW part is 1/10th the cost of the Porsche part (relays etc) and i will use them from now on.

Just wanted to pass this on as a good deal.

2010 Ford F150 FX4 Luxury

Retired after 38 years with the same company.

Last edited by Jaak; 01-14-2010 at 07:11 AM.
Jaak is offline   Reply With Quote