View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
jcsaus

Thumbs up

Thanks all for your help, I sent the car in, and as expected, 'Burg Boxster' you were right with the passenger door window. However I didn't have time to check out the top, tho when I asked which switch was the culprit, and apparently it was the rely in the footwell.

In terms of the boot (rear trunk) all that was wrong was the trunk release cable was a little bit tight, and caused the boot to open with any bump. So problem was fixed for $55 aus.

Randall, thanks for the advice, the dyno was done for me free of charge so i'll have a look, cant hurt. But I will take the advice given and hold out for a little while, but I'm not to sure i'll be able to with stand the urges for that little bit of extra hp...

I have asked my mechanic (who came highly recommended from Porsche) to go over the car as finely as possible and grab everything that can be covered under the warranty and let me know what else needs to be done or could be done before anything escalates to far.

All up, including a service, it cost me $645aus Including an AirCon leak fix, and top up, minor service, brakes shaved back a bit (to stop squealing) and all problems spoken about previously.

The service was $375aus

The roof wasn't covered in the warranty.

So all in all, not to bad... Little bit scared to see how much anything on the dyno is going to cost hahaha.
jcsaus is offline   Reply With Quote