View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #19
cas951

Quote:
Originally Posted by mit6725
Well if you read this thread earlier it appeared we fixed the problem...but, I guess not. Here's what's happening now....
After draining the oil we cleared the codes and the car ran very rough (almost like bad gas). I revved it for a while, drove it and after a while it smoothed out and drove great. All was well...the car was running like new and then the CEL came on again. I continued to drive it a bit and the car still was running perfect with the CEL on. I put it on my scan tool and I got 2 codes 1128 and 1130 (oxygen sensing adaptation area 2...rich threshold cylinders 1-3 and 4-6) and then I cleared the codes. After clearing the codes and restarting the car it chugged and spit, but after revving it and driving it a little it smoothed out again. This has occurred a few times since, driving great, CEL comes on, car still runs great with CEL on and then hook up the scan tool get the same codes, reset it, car chugs again for a while then runs great and it happens again. Is this possibly oil on the plugs? It can't be the MAS as that is an intake item. Any ideas?????
Not sure if you read my first response to this thread. I ended up replacing the AOS to get this corrected. Are you having sny blue smoke issues when this is happening?
cas951 is offline   Reply With Quote